Kindergarten: Richard Hudson (30/20 long day programme)
Position: Teacher; 0.56fte, permanent position (23 hours per week across five days)
Current Teaching Team:
Head teacher Lorna Buttar
Teacher 1fte Amber Houghton
Teacher 1fte (relieving) John Cleland
Teacher 0.56fte (relieving) Nicole Kearns
Richard Hudson Kindergarten is located in the heart of Caversham behind Kew Park. The recently rebuilt kindergarten provides an extensive outdoor environment, where learning through play happens naturally. The kindergarten offers families quality education and care.
Richard Hudson Kindergarten offers a ‘long day’ programme, Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm and is open all-year. This means they are open during the April, July, and October term breaks and re-open earlier in January.
Our Code, Our Standards
The Code sets out the high standards for ethical behaviour that are expected of every teacher; the Standards describe the expectations of effective teaching practice. On appointment as a teacher within Dunedin Kindergartens there is an expectation that you will always adhere to the values within the code and meet the Standards for the Teaching Profession.
Hours are usually 10am – 2.30pm with some variation.
Of particular importance to this community are:
- An empathetic and caring Kaiako who promotes inclusive practices to support the needs and abilities of all learners
- Someone with a fun sense of humour and an enjoyment of team camaraderie
- A confidence to undertake and participate in assessment for learning, internal evaluation and appraisal to evaluate effectiveness and improve local curriculum
- Commitment to te Tiriti o Waitangi partnership in the learning environment
- Respectful and professional in relationships with families, professionals and other agencies and will have a desire to build those networks to benefit the community
- Willing to work positively and sensitively in professional partnership with the committee
- Someone who proactively promotes a positive kindergarten profile within the community
- Willing to share strengths and grow leadership skills