Kindergarten: Reid Park (40/30 kindergarten day)
Position: Teacher; 0.35fte, permanent position (14 hours per week: lunchtime cover 5 days per week and participate in a staff meeting one afternoon a week)
Current Teaching Team:
Head teacher Catherine Budai (relieving)
Teacher John Cleland
Teacher Kellea Williams
Job share teacher 0.5fte Michelle Brown
Job share teacher 0.5fte Monique Turner (relieving)
Teacher 0.35fte Vacant Position
Reid Park Kindergarten was opened in 1967 and is nestled in the sunny growing residential area on the west side of Mosgiel. There is a wide range of socio-economic structures within the families living in this area. The partnership between teachers, family/caregivers and the community underpins the entire programme.
Reid Park offers a ‘kindergarten day’ programme, Monday to Friday 8.30am – 2.30pm
Personal attributes, strengths, dispositions and experience sought in the successful applicant are described in the Kindergarten Teacher Professional Standards.
Of particular importance to this community are:
- A creative, motivated and innovative teacher;
- Willing to work as part of a team, sharing knowledge & skills with others as well as celebrating their strengths;
- Ability to embrace and relate to the diversity of families the kindergarten serves;
- Willingness to work positively and sensitively in professional partnership with the committee;
- Proactively promotes a positive kindergarten profile within the community;
- An ability to competently document children’s learning and contribute to internal evaluation;
- A programme that supports active children, who love the outdoors.