Kindergarten: Portobello (20/20 kindergarten day)
Position: Teacher; full-time, permanent position
Current Teaching Team:
Head teacher Sue Edwards
Teacher (relieving) Jenelle Sell
Teacher 0.4fte (relieving) Sally Pearce
Our uniquely small kindergarten is nestled in the welcoming and friendly community of Portobello with stunning harbour views. Portobello is a diverse and supportive community. It is the only week long ECE service beyond Macandrew Bay.
At Portobello children experience a wide range of local curriculum inclusive of regular excursions to our surrounds and beyond. We embrace cultural diversity, sustainability, creativity through art, music and literacy. Curiosity is nurtured and children get dirty while having a LOT of fun.
The kindergarten was opened in July 2013 and is well connected within the community.
Portobello runs a ‘kindergarten day’ programme: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 2.30pm
Personal attributes, strengths, dispositions and experience sought in the successful applicant are described in the Kindergarten Teacher Professional Standards.
Of particular importance to this community are:
- An enthusiastic, innovative, flexible and motivated teacher;
- An ability to build partnerships with families and whānau;
- A commitment to te Tiriti o Waitangi based practice;
- A commitment to team work and professional responsibility of ‘getting the job done’;
- A teacher current with assessment for learning, internal evaluation and appraisal, and who is a competent documenter;
- Proactively promotes a positive kindergarten profile within the community;
- A keen sense of humour and fun.