Kindergarten: Corstorphine (30/20 kindergarten day)
Position: Head Teacher; full-time, permanent position
Current Teaching Team:
Head teacher 1fte Vacant position
Teacher 1fte Shannon Alexander
Teacher 0.6fte Debbie Beattie
Teacher 0.4fte Julie Scott
Teacher Aides Olivia Pelvin and Katrin McMullan
Corstorphine Kindergarten is located in the heart of Corstorphine, overlooking the Otago Harbour. The diversity and cultures of family/whanau within the local community are supported, valued and respected (Pono).
Corstorphine Kindergarten runs a ‘kindergarten day’ programme: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 2.30pm
Our Code, Our Standards
The Code sets out the high standards for ethical behaviour that are expected of every teacher; the Standards describe the expectations of effective teaching practice. On appointment as a kaiako within Dunedin Kindergartens there is an expectation that you will always adhere to the values within the code and meet the Standards for the Teaching Profession.
Hours of work 8.00 am to 4.30 pm daily (30 min lunchtime is unpaid)
Of particular importance to this community are a head teacher who:
- Demonstrates and leads with a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Models and expects professional accountability and collective responsibility for the wellbeing and learning of all children in the kindergarten
- Is an effective planner, coordinator and evaluator of local curriculum, teaching and learning
- Has a willingness to lead and work as part of a team, sharing knowledge & skills with others as well as celebrating their strengths.
- Develops, implements and evaluates systems, processes and practices that promote ongoing improvement.
- Embraces and leads change and is committed to ongoing learning; is keen to support and participate in initiatives, innovations and research etc.
- A leader with an ability to relate to the diversity of families the kindergarten serves.
- A willingness to work positively and sensitively in professional partnership with the committee.
- Proactively promotes a positive kindergarten profile within the community.