Kindergarten: Richard Hudson (up to 40 children)
Position: Teacher 1FTE
Current Teaching Team:
Head teacher Lorna Buttar
Teacher (relieving) Lee Anne Hastie
Teacher .7fte (relieving) Stacey Symister
Richard Hudson Kindergarten is located in the heart of Caversham behind Kew Park.
This kindergarten has been rebuilt and provides an extensive outdoor environment and a purpose-built kindergarten. The kindergarten will offer families quality education and care from 7.30am – 5pm all year.
Hours of work are 8 hours per day worked between 7.00 am & 5.30 pm (30 min lunchtime is unpaid)
Personal attributes, strengths, dispositions and experience sought in the successful applicant are described in the Kindergarten Teacher Professional Standards.
Of particular importance to this community is that a teacher will be:
- An empathetic and caring kaiako; who promotes inclusive practices to support the needs and abilities of all learners
- Someone with a fun sense of humour and an enjoyment of team camaraderie
- Have confidence to undertake and participate in assessment for learning, internal evaluation and appraisal to evaluate effectiveness and improve local curriculum
- Committed to tangata whenuatanga and Te Tiriti o Waitangi partnership in the learning environment
- Respectful and professional in relationships with families, professionals and other agencies and will have a desire to build those networks to benefit the community
- Willing to work positively and sensitively in professional partnership with the committee
- Someone who proactively promotes a positive kindergarten profile within the community
- Willing to share strengths and grow leadership skills
- Capable of learning and working with daily administration systems and practices.