Kindergarten: Abbotsford (40/30 kindergarten day)
Position: Head Teacher; full-time, permanent position
Current Teaching Team:
Head teacher Vacant Position
Teacher Gerry Tock-Hunter
Teacher Michelle Phillips
Job share teacher 0.6fte Kylie Middlemiss
Job share teacher 0.4fte Kay Poulter
Teacher 0.35fte Tracey Budge
Abbotsford Kindergarten opened in a cottage in 1944. In 1988 a new Kindergarten was built.
The Kindergarten is situated within a friendly and supportive community. Abbotsford Kindergarten has an exceptional outdoor environment where we offer a wide range of spaces and experiences for exploration and adventurous challenge. Our natural environment is established with mature trees and is a great place to explore and nurture the natural environment.
Abbotsford offers a ‘kindergarten day’ programme, Monday to Friday 8.30am – 2.30pm
Hours of work 8.00 am to 4.30 pm daily (30 min lunchtime is unpaid)
Personal attributes, strengths, dispositions and experience sought in the successful applicant are described in the Kindergarten Teacher Professional Standards.
Of particular importance to this community is that their Head Teacher will:
- Be willing to lead and work as part of a team, sharing knowledge & skills with others as well as celebrating their strengths
- Be a Pedagogical leader who drives excellence in teaching and learning
- Have an ability to embrace and relate to the diversity of families the kindergarten serves
- Work positively and sensitively in professional partnership with the committee
- Proactively promote a positive kindergarten profile within the community
- Be capable of learning and working with daily administration systems and practices within DK