Current Teaching Team:
Pauline Fawcett-Wadsworth Head Teacher (relieving)
Wendy Fieldwick Teacher
Carmen Pattinson Teacher
Rotary Park Kindergarten is located in the suburb of Highcliff. It has a spectacular outdoor environment with panoramic vistas of the city.
Kaiako believe learning should be fun and they provide a quality local curriculum that enhances children’s learning and development in a caring environment. Their local curriculum is based on the principles, strands and goals of the NZ Early Childhood Curriculum, Te Whāriki, where children are encouraged to be curious, confident, competent lifelong learners.
Rotary Park offers a ‘kindergarten day’ programme:
Monday to Friday
8.30am – 2.30pm
Hours of work 8.00 am to 4.30 pm daily (30 min lunchtime is unpaid)
Personal attributes, strengths, dispositions and experience sought in the successful applicant are described in the Kindergarten Teacher Professional Standards.
Of particular importance to this community are:
- A creative, motivated and innovative leader.
- Willing to lead and work as part of a team, sharing knowledge & skills with others as well as celebrating their strengths.
- A pedagogical leader current with assessment for learning, internal evaluation and appraisal experience and who is a competent documenter
- Our programme supports active children, who love the outdoors. You must be keen to participate in our Forest programme and support sustainability
- An ability to embrace and relate to the diversity of families the kindergarten serves
- A willingness to work positively and sensitively in professional partnership with the committee
- Someone who proactively promotes a positive kindergarten profile within the community.
- A working knowledge of administration and daily working systems within DK